menu

Search this and all guides:

Charleston Area Updates

Saturday, May 7, 2011

JamiSun is one helluva two-man-band...

I got done late with work last Wednesday, and met friends out at Water's Edge for a couple drinks, celebrating a birthday.  A few drinks later - we found ourselves sitting at a table of 8 on the outside patio at Wild Wings (MtP).

Um..  We were sitting with 4 of the hottest girls in Charleston, BTW...  but I digress...

So my attention was grabbed away from the beautiful ladies by what I heard, but had not yet seen, from the band on stage.  It was fast, and sounded like a complex yet chaotic symphony of guitar power-chords and hyper-fast picked notes.  Now you might need to know that even though I grew up in a country-town where my friends forced me (i.e. tortured me) with country music on all their radios.  But the first time I heard techno-music in that hot club dance scene of Basic Instinct - I've been hooked on the shit.  And really, the only other times I've heard music that made me stop and appreciate the speed and chaos of the music has been from techno & house style tunes.  (and also recently, that hook from that new Black Eyed Peas dirty-bit song)  So very rarely do I even notice a bar's background music...

But on this night - I don't know if I was a little eff'd up, or if it was just that good, but I immediately focused on the music that had stolen my attention away from the beautiful goddesses sitting in front of me, I got up from the table - and went inside to check out this band.

Pfffffffff.... Whaaaaaaaattt???!!!  It was just two dudes!

both kinda goofball, millennium-hippie looking types.  I've seen these style of cats before - similar to some of my wake-and-bake buddies from high school.  But as I continued to watch - I realized these guys were bad asses.

These guys played a wide range of music - funk, metal, pop, and classic rock.  Did I mention it was just 2 guys? Of course I did...  The guitarist was amazing, fast, and used some kind of loop and funky note-bending gadgets to sound like a lot more than a single guitarist.  The drummer on the bongos was who I watched next, and even though I've never been as into watching drums as a guitar player - I realized this somewhat older gentleman was a bad ass too!  He had all kinds of little percussion instruments to add the appropriate effects as needed.  Most importantly, this guy really jammed out and had a lot of energy, to compliment his focused, fast-picking compadre.

These two guys are both incredibly talented musicians - and a worthwhile stop for some awesome music at any venue, on any night.

Keep it up guys - you have at least one new fan, and probably more after that night.

At the end of the night - I added to the many tips they already had in their hat with the last  $4 in my wallet.  I was the least I could do...

Check them out:  http://www.jamisun.com/  (their website is terrible, but informative)

Check out some of JamiSun's YouTube Videos to see what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment